Friday, November 6, 2009

Week 11 Homeschool Weekly Report

Homemade game:
Children love games and they can learn well through playing simple game. In large piece of paper, I wrote down some numbers and put some stars and question marks in between. It is just like playing a racing game to see who get the end first. But if one of us landed on * or ?, we had to pick up the star or question mark card to perform or answer some questions.
In this case, I wrote down some math questions that he had learn some far this week. Such as 1 foot equal to ________ inches, 1 year has _________ days and etc.





Sorting the beans:
This is an easy and fun learning process for the little kids to learn sorting. Get some beans with two different colors and let them sort it out according to the color. In this case, I used the old muffin cup pan to let him put the same color beans in one cup.






Learning numbers:
On a piece of paper, I wrote down some numbers. I had collected a lot of bottle caps at home and it is very useful for counting. Evan knows how to match the number with same number of bottle caps.


Math Question of the day:
I wrote a math question every day, and Ethan will solve it on board. I am training him how to think before answer the question. He has to know how to read and understand the question, what operation he has to apply and show me his work.




Writing:
Using the meat tray, the boys wrote some letter on it. For Evan, I poke some hole there to form a letter and he had to trace around it.



No comments:

Post a Comment