Friday, February 12, 2010

Week 25 Weekly Homeschool Report

This week we only have four "school" days. I let the boys off on Friday since Chinese New Year is on this weekend.
Ethan still has to finish all the regular school worksheets and complete his math practice online.

Next coming Monday is President Day to remember Abraham Lincoln and George Washington, the two great U.S president. The boys are reading a book about Abraham Lincoln and they made a log cabin out of the ice cream stick. Abraham Lincoln was born in a log cabin, so, I let them made a cabin by using simple material. Ethan put an penny( Abe's face is on the penny) on the paper and made a sun out of it.





I bought a set of U.S President flash card and let them see who were Abraham Lincoln and George Washington.

Another way to encourage Ethan to write is asking him to write an invitation cards to his friends. We are moving, so I let him invites his friends over for a playdate. He got to write his own invitation card and mail them to his friends. He was so excited to be able to put a stamps on the envelope and mailed them away.






Art time.
The boys had to use their imagination to put the white color on the black paper. They have to draw something out and let me guess what it is about.





Ethan told me he drew a cactus.






Evan told me he drew some kids playing snowballs.

What do you think?



I just love this book. It shows the boys they can use all kinds of material to make different kinds of faces.





Evan's face'





Ethan's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment