Saturday, March 6, 2010

Week 27

Geography:
Ethan is learning all the America 50 states. We are doing the southeastern states this week. I drew a map as below while telling him the exact location of each states on the map. I used the Man In the Map book to introduce him all the states. I really like this book because it uses simple clues to let us to remember all the states in no time. I am learning as well.



I bought this wooden U.S map puzzle pieces at the garage sale for $1... cheap


Ethan finished all the basic first grade worksheets. I am now focusing on unit study with topics that interests him and Evan.

Simple machines:
They are designing his own machine.


Ethan first drawing of his imaginary machines.


Second drawing



Evan's drawing of his machine.


Using legos to build their machines.


Our homeschool schedule is all year round. We take a break when we need some time to relax. Since we are going to move to the new house, I think I will slow down a bit on the work for the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment