Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekly Homeschool Report---Week 1

Week 1 from 8/24/09 to 8/28/09

Ethan's worklog for this week
Homeschool Weekly Report for Ethan


Texas law does not required the homeschool family to submit any report or test score. I do this just for me own record purpose and easy for me to keep track what he has learned for one week period.


I made up this big board and put on all the works he had learn so far this week.


This week science is all about living and non living things. We did an experiment about biotic and abiotic factor. I called it a touchy box. I put some fruits and some toys in a box and covered it out. The boys had to put their hands inside the box and told me the characteristics of that items. Then, Ethan will tell me whether that is biotic or abiotic. Evan is playing along and he thought it was fun.




Math: Time
Ethan knows how to read the time but still not very good at it. I plan to use three weeks to introduce this topic with him. He did a lot of worksheet everyday. He has to tell me the time whenever I asked him.



Grammar: Noun


Poem: Recite, rewrite and disscussion.
He had to rewrite the whole poem because I want him to practice his handwriting. We discuss about the poem, he had to find the antonym from the poem and also the rhyming words.





We learn about this song from Tzu Chi education book.


No comments:

Post a Comment