Monday, September 14, 2009

Weekly report--Week 3

Grammar: Verb and Noun
This week is the review week for the grammar. He did a lot of worksheet about Noun and Verb.

Poem: Recite and rewrite
Every week, I wrote a poem into a big piece of paper and left few words blank. Ethan will pasted the right words into right place.
He had to rewrite the whole poem nicely and find all the rhyming words out of it.


Social Study: This week in Time4learning.com( a website I subscribe to let Ethan learn different subjects online), he learned about needs and wants. I drew a big circle with three parts and asked him to draw the basic needs.

Chinese: Learning a new song with sign language. This week is about having good habits.




Life skill: Learning to cook and helping in kitchen

The boys are very interested in cooking. But too bad they are too small to cook the big meals so, I just let them help me to prepare to cook rice.






Ethan is always wondering how the soup come from. So, I show him how to cook the soup. He is so fascinating about the water plus vegetable plus some chicken will become soup.



Science experiment: Vegetable or Fruits


This is a simple experiment to do at home. I took out different kinds of vegetables and fruits from the fridge. They have to group them into categories and determine which is fruits or vegetables. To my surprise, they manage to group them into right group including tomato.

There are two easy way to determine the vege and fruits. Cut the items listed above, if got seeds inside, then it is fruits. If not, then it is vegetables.



Math: Learn about Time
It has being three weeks I focus teaching him about TIME. He can read the time well now but still have to practice more.

Art and Music: Starting this week, Ethan and Evan will attend a art and music class offered by a homeschool group on each Thursday. They are having fun there, too bad I forget to bring camera to show what they have done in the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment