Saturday, October 24, 2009

Week9 Homeschool Report

Homemade magnetic Haunted House puzzle. I got this idea from one of the homeschool mom but modify a bit. I used the fabric from the old clothes and cut them into several shapes and pasted on the cardboard. After all the pasting and cutting, I put a magnet tape on the back and let the boys play with it. They made up their own story about the five little ghosts and the haunted house.





Math for Evan:Learning number and sorting
I drew some number from 1 to 10 on a cardboard and divided into 10 little boxes. Evan had to match the number of the army/Indian/Cowboys to the according number. This a easy to made Math game for the small kids to learn about number.



For the sorting game, I gave him some seashells that we collected last time and asked him to count it for me. He then had to sort them out according to the sizes.









Grammar: Review the Noun, Pronoun, Adverb, Verb, Adjective and Contraction
By using a big sheet of white paper, I drew six column and Ethan had to match the words into right places. Such as he had to put pretty in Adjective column. He being learning all these grammar rules past 8 weeks. I would like to know how much he can remember so far.





Science: This week we are still focusing on Human Body. This week is about Muscular and Skeletal System. We do a experiment showing that muscle can only pull not push. I am using the
Panda Press Science Curriculunm.

No comments:

Post a Comment