Friday, January 29, 2010

Week 22 and week23

Geography:
I got this USA puzzle from garage sale. This is a good tool for Ethan to learn US geography. We are using the Man IN the Map Book to learn the states. So far, we are in North Western States.






Ethan is learning multiplication table 5. One of the easy way to introduce to this concept is using the items around the house and show him how to divide the lego pieces into different number of containers.

First, I ask him how to divide 15 legos into 5 jars. Then, he has to figure out one jar can hold 3 pieces of legos, how many jars he should have to put 15 pieces of legos.

Evan is learning the pattern by using these legos pieces. He can arrange them according to the color into different jars. Well, I try to not buy too much math manipulatives, I just use things that I could find around the house.









The boys like dinosaurs and I decide to give them Dino Unit Study. I fully utilize the internet to find all the material free online. PBSKIDS.org got a good children program---DINO TRAIN, which they like to watch and learn new dino name each time. I think they are better than me in recognizing all those dinosaurs.

Learningpage.com is a good website providing free worksheet for the dino theme. Evan





I transform the white wall into a Dino Land. I divide it into three dino eras which are Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous. They color the dino and paste on the wall according the era it lives on.



No comments:

Post a Comment