Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Week 4 Eye Theme

This week we learn about eye. Dr.Seuss Eyes Book is very great to introduce the small kids about their eyes. I told Evan that eyes are very important for us to see around, without them , it is hard to get anything we want or go anywhere.

I thought about a simple game to let him know how important it is to have eyes and we should take good care of them. First, I put a things in front of him and asked him to get them with the eyes open. He did it easily. Then, I wrapped a scarf around his eyes to blind him and asked him to go to the front to get something, he had a difficult time to figure out where to go.


I drew different color of eyes and asked him to match the pegs with the color on it. This is the simple game for the small kids to learn about color and matching. I took some pegs and painted them with different colors. Then, he had to match those colors with the eyes' color. This is good for their eye and hand coordination too.



This week's letter is Dd. This time, I put some rice on a baking tray and let him traced the letter D from it. This is fun for little kids to learn their letters or numbers.

We had a little experiments to learn about different colors. I took out some food coloring and some containers with water. Ethan and Evan had a good time in pouring and mixing the color. It was fun to watch them acted like a little scientist and they were excited to see the water changed to different colors. Ethan knew the color combination. He told me blue and red become purple and red and yellow become orange. He showed his little brother how to mix two colors and observed them to change to another color.

No comments:

Post a Comment