Saturday, May 2, 2009

Week3 Kitten Theme

These are the books we got from local library.

This week, Ethan learn all about kitten. I told him that baby cat is called kitten, 小猫 in Chinese. We do not have the pet kitten, but we do see a stray cat sitting in our condo parking area all the time.








I let him do a craft. He learn about whiskers. I cut a cat face from a cardboard, find a pompom for the nose, some wiggly eyes, and 6 strips of black papers for the whiskers.



This week letter is C. I let him poke the hole by tracing the letter C. This is another way to encourage him to hold pencil and learn the letter.

He already knew his number 3. I get some blackbeans for him and asked him to put 3 beans to each of the compartment. He then had to arranged the blackbeans to become number 3.




Evan learned about the shape of diamond this week. I thought of a good game for the boys to play and learn the shape at the same time. First, I reused the Easter plastic egg that I saved and put some different tangram shapes into it. I hid all over the house for the boys to search. Of course, they had fun finding the eggs. Once, they got the eggs, they had to open it and look for diamond shapes. Ethan got the most diamonds shape out of the eggs.



Then, they had to use those tangram to make something.



Ethan make a face, house and a boat



Evan make a fish. ( I guided him and showed him how to make one)






This week rhyme:
Pussy Cat Pussy Cat

Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat, where have you been?
I been to London to visit the Queen.
Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat, what did you there?
I frightened a little mouse under the chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment