Sunday, June 14, 2009

Week 8 Moon Theme





Moon is a very common thing in every child life. They see it all the time and there are so many things we can talk about the moon.




This is a good book to read to the kids about moon. We got it from local library.




In order to let the boys know what is crater, I asked them to use the playdough to make a mooon shape and poke the surface with their finger in order to make crater. I told them, moon is nothing but got a lot of craters with is like a big hole.


Ethan is showing me the moon with craters on it.


Moon craft: By using unwanted foam tray, I drew the shape of full moon and crescent moon. Then cut it out and let the kids put the color on.

Ethan got a red moon. That is what he wanted.

Then, the kids wanted to tie it out along with the star they made last week.


Evan knows all his color. I try to introduce him to the words of colors. I wrote those words on a piece of paper with certain color. He then has to match the foam beads on correct color on that paper.




Eye and hand coordination: By giving him one string of shoe lace, he has to put all those beads into it. At first, he is having difficult time, but after a while, he is so excited that he manage to do it.


Ethan is making funny face again after wearing the colorful beads.

Sorting: By using unwanted baking muffin pan, you can ask the kids sort same color of beads into one hole.
I wrote the moon and star in Chinese. Ethan already knew the words before and it is the time I tested him.


Evan is putting the glue on the star.

No comments:

Post a Comment