Saturday, July 4, 2009

Learning 5 senses

This is a simple science experiment to teach the young age kids about their five senses. Ethan learned that in school but I want to introduce to Evan too at home. Both of them enjoy the fun out of it.

Smelling:

I put different items with strong aroma inside the Easter Egg Shell. They have to smell it through the small hole and guess what is inside the egg.

I put the cinnamon powder, curry powder, pepper and lemon which is available from my kitchen.

He is using his smelling sense to guess the thing inside the egg.


Touching and Seeing:
I put different kind of items inside a box and covered Ethan eye's and let him to touch them and make a guess. Evan does not want to participate but he









Hearing:


I put marble, rice, cereal and paper into four different containers. The boys have to shake the containers and guess what is inside the containers.




Shaking the container and hearing the noise.


Writing his result. He only guessed one thing right out of four. Too bad!




Tasting:

I prepared four different things with different flavor. Ethan covered his eyes and Evan fed him with those food. He was having fun in guessing what is putting inside his mouth.




They ended up eating all the things.

No comments:

Post a Comment