Thursday, July 30, 2009

Week 13 Horse Theme






This is a funny book telling about Horse.




This week we learn about horses. I cut out the horse model and let Evan tell me what color is the horse.

I played a game with them by hiding the horses all over the places and give them some clues where to find them. They were having fun finding the horses just like the Easter Egg Hunt.



Evan is gluing the mane on the horse.I cut out the old clothes into small pieces for him to glue on. I kept telling him the hair on the horse is called Mane. He remember that after the lesson.


This week letter:Ll

I wrote the L shape and let Evan tell me what is the letter on the paper. He recognize it well. I cut out several love shapes for him to paste on the letter and tell him Love starts with L.

Craft: Introduce symmetry with the colorful painting.


First, fold the paper in half. Then, let the kids put the paint on only one side of the paper and fold it. Press hard and open the paper. They will see the symmetry pattern on the paper.

Evan is showing me his art work. He felt amazed that the color is pressed on other side with same pattern.



When Evan is doing his work, Ethan is doing his worksheet.

I colored different colors on a piece of paper and ask Evan to tell me the color. He then have to cut it out using scissor and match the color with the pegs which got color on it. He is using two skills at once during this activities. First, he has to use scissor ( still not very good at it) and then
using his finger to open the peg.


No comments:

Post a Comment