Thursday, April 16, 2009

Week 1 Cow Theme

One of the homeschool is kind enough to share her experience and works online through her website www.letteroftheweek.com and I download a weekly preparatory curriculum to teach Evan different kinds of theme each week.

This week is all about cow. I introduce him a new word, calf, and keep asking him what is the name for baby cow. Surprisingly, he will tell me calf after many time being asked by me.

I borrowed some books about cow from local library such as
1. And the cow said Moo! by Mildred Phillips
2.Old MacDonald had a cow by Rick Brown
3.The cow who clucked by Denise Fleming
4.Everywhere the cow say "Moo!" by Ellen Slusky


I make a learning poster as suggested by the mom who created www.letteroftheweek.com website.
I found out that it is a good learning tool to help him to remember what he had learn so far throughout the week.










This week we learn about cow, shape which is square, number is 1, vocabulary is calf, letter is Aa and the nursery rhyme is Hey Diddle Diddle.

He knows his letter Aa and number 1. So, I do not let him do much about it. Just let him trace the letter and number on the paper.

He found different kinds of things around the house which are square shape.



I want him to learn cow in chinese too. So, I created this document to introduce him the chinese word for cow, 牛

COW 牛 COW 牛 HuiFun


For the craft, I let him use two different size of square to make a cow. The small square for the head, and the big one for the body. He drew the funny eyes for the cow. That is cute.





No comments:

Post a Comment