Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Week 2 Jungle Theme

This week Evan learned about jungle and some animals.We have a great book given as a gift from our friend about Amazon Rainforest and the animal models that we can make. Evan is having fun helping me to setting up the forest. I used the curriculum outline from www.letteroftheweek.com to guide me how to prepare the lesson for the whole week.

This is the book I used for this week theme. The field Guide to Rainforest Animals.



First, we set the jungle model up with those animals plus some toy animals that I bought from Dollar store. I tell him that jungle is the place where lots of animals lives and we can find different kinds of plants in there.


This week color is GREEN. I asked to go around the house to look for everything that is in green color. Those are the things that he found except the white cup that I put on the table.

We go outside to look for different kinds of leaves. I let him pair them up and he did make a good match. He touched the leaves and smelled them. He told me which one is big and which one is small. He is learning about same and different concept too.



Then, I put some leaves under the white paper and let him traced over them. He felt amazed to see the result of the leaves prints on the paper.


The letter of the week is letter B. I had a good learning toy for him to put the beads based on the letter I prewrote on a white paper. He just followed the line and put the beads onto the board. He is learning and having fun at the same time.




We make two animals that live in the jungle. We did this after Ethan got back from school. I actually provided them the tiger craft layout only. But Ethan had a crazy idea that he wanted to make a purple elephant. I have to draw out a elephant layout for him to cut and paste. It turned out good and cute.


He likes his tiger mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment